28 August 2008

Welcome to a new Baby

Sorry for the recent lack of posting, but I've been otherwise occupied. On Sunday morning, my sister gave birth to a baby girl. My mother, DD and I stayed near the hospital in a motel, and attended the birth. DD slept the night away in an empty birthing room while I got to privilege of seeing my first real birth. Yes, I've given birth myself, but you don't quite get to see that, you're so caught up in doing it.

My sister was amazing. She was planning on using the gas, but it made her feel sick, so she went totally natural, and did a wonderful job 'singing' her baby out.

While I hope to find more time to get back to posting now, it might be a few more days before we have pictures, as I lent my camera to my sister when hers broke in the heat of the moment. I did get some beautiful pictures for her though, that I'm sure she'll treasure for years to come.

No comments: