31 July 2008

Feeling Crafty

Well, it seems my spacious surroundings have inspired me a little. Well, that, and this Flickr group dedicated to felt food. DD is similarly interested (she's very into play food right now), so I went to my (new) favourite craft supplies online store, and have ordered a big order of wool felt, dollmaking supplies, and a few other bits and pieces. Eagerly awaiting it's arrival, then hopefully I'll have something exciting to post pictures of.

Pictures have been sadly lacking here the last little while, mainly because I just haven't been doing anything to take pictures of. I mean, there's only so many pictures of my new house that one can look at (OK, I probably haven't reached that point yet, so maybe I'll take a few more tomorrow), and I'm not going to take pictures of things like the very messy garden shed that we spent half today cleaning out. Maybe I'll take one once it's clean! Or better yet, once it's all renovated for our chooks to enjoy. Not that they don't enjoy hanging out there just the way it is right now mind you. As soon as you open the door, they're in there. Very curious creatures our chooks. They even made it a few steps inside the house today when someone (probably me) forgot to shut the screen door. They were a bit discomforted when their feet slipped on the floor though, and they got a bit stuck trying to get out the glass door, couldn't figure out why they couldn't get out.

Things are starting to look slightly less bare here now. DD has a few toys and books in her playroom, although she still mostly plays in the living room! Have to work on that. So far I haven't had much of a chance to start organising my sewing room, which is what I'm most interested in of course! Oh I'm so looking forward to being able to go into that room after DD is asleep, and whip up all sorts of exciting and beautiful things!

No comments: