6 October 2008

Not a Garden Post

I had a plan to write an update post on the garden today, but we had a bit of an emergency with an ant bite, and before I knew it, it was too dark to take pictures. And we all know there isn't much point writing a garden update post without pictures, right? So instead, I looked around for something inside to take pics of. So here you have today's impulse purchases. 6 half metres of cotton fabric from Spotlight, all ready for 6 new skirts for DD. I just have to wash the fabric first (to preshrink, being 100% cotton), and I'll be ready to sew. The fabric was marked down to $5 a metre (from $7 a metre), so that makes it about $2.50 a skirt. Pretty affordable huh?

Then all I need is matching shirts. I've been debating what to do about these, since ribbing is a bit of a pain (and very hard to find 100% cotton ribbing, especially in the right colours), when a bit of a Google led me to discover a binding foot for sewing machines! Just like having a little bias binding maker attached to your sewing machine foot, so instead of ironing your binding, you sew it instead! Nifty. I've ordered one (or maybe two...), and hopefully they'll arrive soon, although maybe a week or two, since they're coming from the US. Then I should be all set to make some nifty t-shirts to go with these skirts.

DD has been a busy little bunny too, drawing these beautiful dinosaurs. I wrote the names on them for her. A big improvement over her first dinosaur drawings back in February. I especially love the big smiley faces. Obviously these are friendly dinosaurs.

And inspired by our visit to the Amberly Air Show on Saturday, she's also been making paper planes. She made this one all by herself, DH giving her instructions, after watching him make one. Her manipulative skills are just improving in leaps and bounds lately.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some garden photos taken, and give an update on what is happening outside. Unless I get sidetracked...

No comments: