11 September 2008

Front Garden

I promised some front garden photos yesterday, but got too busy to actually take any today. I really haven't done much yet though, so you're not missing much! We've put 180cm wire along the front, and I plan on getting lots of vines growing there to cover us from the street while we get a more permenant hedge (hopefully of pidgeon pea, and maybe some carob) growing. So far I have climbing peas growing (though it's late in the season, and they seem to be getting a mould attack), a baby passionfruit, and a sprouted choko. I've planted other vine seeds, like loofah's and gourds, but they haven't come up yet. And that's about it. So far all that exists in the front garden is a narrow bed about a foot wide along the front. So without further ado, here are some pictures I took a few weeks ago.


The new garden bed from the same direction as yesterday's picture. Believe it or not there is about 3 bales of hay in that garden!

And a closeup of the climbing peas.

1 comment:

han_ysic said...

Love the little pea plants. I'm sure they'll be covering the fence in no time.