23 September 2008

Toes in the Sand

This is how I spent a large portion of the afternoon.

When I wasn't doing this. As you can see, I'm still wearing my skirt. Better make another one I think, before I wear this one out!

We went out to Bribie Island again for the afternoon, and had a lovely relaxing time in the sand and water. The water is just starting to warm up, and being school holidays, there were a few families around, but not too crowded.

There were a bit of a crowd of these jellyfish though. So sad to see them washing up on the beach. I wonder why they do that?

And here are a couple of pics of DD playing on the beach, just for good measure.

We didn't spend the whole day in idleness though. Before we left this morning, we added planted 6 new trees in the orchard. I'll post some pics, maybe tomorrow, and an updated list of the trees we have now.

And finally, here is today's harvest for today. We're finding that we're losing a lot of strawberries as they're rotting from lying on the damp ground under the plants. When we get runners this year, I'm going to move them all down to the front, hopefully with a better setup. There also should be 2 eggs in the picture, but I forgot to include them. One in the nest, and one found in a corner of the shed veranda. No idea how long it was there, but it can't have been more than a day or two. It tasted fine. Well, better than fine actually. There is nothing quite like the taste of your own, fresh, chickens eggs.

1 comment:

Angelena said...

Great pictures. We live in the United States in the mountains no where near the ocean so I was tickled to see your pictures of the jellyfish.