10 November 2008

I just can't help myself!

I'm really enjoying sewing lately. I haven't sewn much for years, not since sewing all DD's blankets/quilts/linen/nappies when I was pregnant. I guess there hasn't been much time since then. But now that DD is a little older, projects like this are possible.

I really needed a new bag, and then in my blog surfing, I came across these bags, and loved them. Only, of course, there was no tutorial. So modifying this tutorial heavily, I finally achieved something approaching what I was after. I'm pretty happy with it anyway, and plan to have another go soon. You'll probably recognise the fabric, I made DD a skirt out of it here. Out of the metre I had, I made the skirt and this bag, and there is still plenty left over!

I also made DD a t-shirt using my new binding foot. It arrived several weeks ago, but I suspected it would be tricky, so was waiting for an opportunity where I wouldn't be too stressed out if it didn't work. Luckily, though it took a little figuring out initially, it works really well, and saves heaps of time when making t-shirts. Now to just make another 11 or so for a round dozen! I would post a picture, except a couple of hours after it was made, it ended up with paint on it. My fault, as I suggested she paint, and she was just getting into it, when she wiped her hands on her t-shirt, then looked at me and said, "I'm not wearing my painting apron." Luckily it was pink paint on a pink shirt, so not that noticeable. It's in the laundry soaking, and I'm hoping for a full recovery.

And before I duck off to try to write at least some words for the day (haven't started at all yet), here's today's harvest. The cherry tomatoes are just going crazy up there. I think as many are rotting on the vine as we're harvesting, but that's OK, they'll be next year's bushes. This lot is in the freezer now, ready for next time we made spaghetti sauce. They're great for sauce, as after they've been frozen, the just pop right out of their skins. By the time we're ready to make more pasta sauce, we should have more than enough tomatoes.

The chickens are a little slack on the egg department lately. We're only getting 3-4 eggs a day, but from chatting to other's around, this is pretty normal, as they can be quite affected by the heat. Hopefully we'll have more eggs soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tomatoes! The heat will slow the chooks output down somewhat.

I hope you enjoy that I have nominated you for an award, if you accept you can save the icon from my page to post on yours.

Blessings:)

Rinelle said...

Thank you so much Molly!