4 November 2008

Procrastination

What do you do when you should be writing your 1667 words for the day? Why make a skirt of course! I seriously just don't know how to do one thing at a time, do I? Still, I had some good story related ideas while sewing.

The skirt is made from a tutorial here, although if you're going to give it a go, I'd add a few inches to your waist measurement before running it through the pattern calculator. I was reasonably generous, and though it fits, it could stand to be a little looser around the hips. The pockets were my addition. I just can't stand wearing anything without a pocket. I just need somewhere handy to put my keys and hanky when I go out, I never can seem to find them in my purse, so I add pockets to everything I make.

The purple material is from two separate sheets I bought while visiting my mum, but I think they contrast pretty well. They don't even look like sheets in this pattern I don't think? I have plenty of material left (although the flowery sheet is quite worn in the middle), so will probably try something else in these colours as well. It's trimmed with some cotton lace that I acquired from my mum's stash while I was visiting. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and will definitely try this pattern again.

The photo was taken when we came back from dropping the latest lot of decluttering off at Lifeline. Nearly a whole car full, bringing the decluttering total to 18. My mum thinks I'm being too hard on myself, counting each bag of clothes or toys as 1, instead of each item, but if I did that, I'd already be at 100, and I've barely even scratched the surface! Lots more to go yet.

Now, seeing as I've already made my word count today, I have a nice evening of relaxing with DH planned.

No comments: