1 November 2008

Nothing New November

Well, I guess I've started November off with a bang. I got stuck into the decluttering this morning with gusto, and have so far taken 12 items to the donation bins (they don't count until they're OUT of the house!). A couple of bags of toys, several bags of outgrown or not worn clothing, and various kitchen items.

I had a few dilemma's this morning wondering exactly how to count things. I went through my cutlery draw, and got rid of the remains of the old cutlery set, but should I count each individual knife, fork and spoon, or count them all as one? Clothes were the same. There were so many that it seemed cheating to count them all individually, yet too much to count them all as one. I've settled on counting sets (such as cutlery) as one, and for larger things, like clothes and toys, to count each bag as one. Either way, I've removed nearly a (hatchback) boot full of things, and still plenty more to go!

NaNo is going slightly less well. At 1,465 words, I'm slightly under the daily quota of 1,667 words, but still off to a good start. I'm hoping to catch up the shortfall next week, when DH has 4 days off mid-week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done with Na No, so far!

Looking forward to reading your blog!

Rinelle said...

Thank you! It's challenging, since I keep getting distracted by gardening and sewing, but I'm keeping plugging away at it, and hopefully I'll get there in the end.