28 June 2008

My hard work is paying off

After seeing the amount of new growth the citrus in the chicken pen put out, I figured it was time to pay a lot of attention to my other fruit trees, and see if I could get them moving too, and it seems like it is finally paying off. There isn't much to see on this mandarin tree yet, but it's trying very hard to put out new leaves.

Same for this orange tree. They appear to have tiny flower buds on them too, so maybe we'll even see some fruit?

There's no maybe about this mulberry fruiting, it's covered in little mini-mulberries. I hope some of them set this year, last year they all fell off, probably because the poor thing was still in a pot.

The peach tree is also trying to fruit. Isn't it beautiful?

No sign of fruit yet, but the passionfruit are putting out new leaves and shoots everywhere.

Even the rosella's are flowering again!

With all this activity, you'd think it was spring. But no, it's as cold as ever around here (dropped below 6 deg Celsius a few nights ago). All this new growth is due to a bag of rooster booster, and some water (with a bit of seasol and worm juice thrown in).

2 comments:

han_ysic said...

I love the growingness. It's so exciting. I am south of Sydney and we still have lots of things starting and keeping growing. Love the rosella flower. Do you have any spare seeds?

Rinelle said...

Sure, I have LOTS of spare seeds. Send me your address to rinelle at tirtairngire dot com, and I'll post some out.