24 May 2008

Biccies!

As I was surfing around in Blogland today (as if I don't have anything else to do!), I came across this recipe for chocolate chip biccies over at The Tin House, and just had to try them out. Since we're gluten free in this house, I removed the weet-bix and oats, and added half a cup of crushed macadamia nuts, and half a cup of coconut instead.

They were a big hit, and are almost all gone already (just eating one as I type). I made half of them bite sized, yum, and DH did the other half slightly larger. I think I like the bite sized ones best. There was a little too much mixture to fit on my two trays, so I've frozen some of it, and will cook it up later and see how it goes.

They were just the snack, along with a drink of cold, filtered rainwater, for DH, who was working hard mowing the jungle up there in the orchard.

No comments: