27 May 2008

Garden Update

Back at the beginning of April, I wrote here about the Aussies Living Simply garden challenge. I thought it was time for an update on how the garden is going now, and the growth over the last 2 months.

This was my original garden when we moved here, and I totally re-mulched it, and added a lot of compost, and it's now doing very well with my peas and beans in it.

I planted both climbing peas (sugarsnap) and normal peas (greenfeast), and some slenderette bush beans. This is how much they had grown by 3rd of May.

Here they are again just two weeks later, on the 17th.

And finally, a few days ago, the 24th. You can see signs of a few pea flowers, there are even more now.

I planted my next lot of peas in the next section of the bed, massey this time. This is from the 17th of May, and they haven't grown too much since. I think the colder weather is affecting them, as it's getting quite wintery now.

I'm going to do a few more garden updates in the next few days, as it's been a while since the last update. I keep taking photos, but have so much to post about, that they often get forgotten. Tomorrow... herbs! Actually, no, tomorrow is low-tech Wednesday, so maybe on Thursday, if I don't find something more interesting to write about in the meantime!

No comments: