23 May 2008

Hanging in the Balance

That's how life feels right now. The house is really nearing completion, and we all feel like we're in a holding plan. It seems barely worthwhile putting a lot of effort into organising here in the shed, as we're so close, yet still we know there's another week or more of building, then we still have to get the floors installed and a few other bits and pieces, before we can move in.

We had the electrician here today, putting in the stove, switches and lights, so that's one more step done. Of course, peering through the windows I can see that they've used ordinary globes, not energy saving ones! Those will be changed before we even move in. I think they have 10 packs at Bunnings! The water tank has arrived, but is sitting on it's side in it's space. Hopefully we don't get another high wind like the ones we had the other day, or it would go over. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow to post.

I think this is one of the most stressful periods of this building journey, almost as stressful as when we were waiting for the shed to be done so we could move in here. I'm trying to distract myself with mulching the fruit trees, working in the garden (going to need to put a fence up, the chooks have discovered my seedlings), and planting out some cuttings ready to go into the house as soon as we have keys. But I spend a lot of time flitting from one thing to another, never achieving too much.

DH has the weekend off though, so hopefully there will be some progress outside, and some pictures to post tomorrow!

No comments: